If you are running an ebusiness or selling affiliate products online, it’s important for you to learn the ropes of internet marketing to boost your sales and revenue. Here’s what you need to do:
1. Website. Your website is your representation in the World Wide Web. Thus, it’s very important that it speaks volumes about your in-depth knowledge on your chosen niche and your trustworthiness. Make sure that it’s highly informative. It must contain information that only experts like you would know. It must also be interactive, easy to navigate, and quick to download. In addition, it must also be visually appealing.
2. Drive traffic to your website. Obviously, you will not make a sale unless somebody gives your site a visit. Drive interested people to your website through search engine optimization. This is the process of making your site search engine-friendly so it will show up on search page results each time your prospects search for the keywords that you are targeting. Also, promote your website through article marketing, forum posting, blogging, social media marketing, video marketing, Google AdWords, banner ads, and paid links. The more traffic-generating tools you use, the more people you’ll be able to attract.
3. List building. It’s very important that you build ongoing communication and later on, relationship with your prospects. Obtain their contact information before they leave your website by using opt-in forms (offer freebies to boost your sign up rate). It would help if you can create a dedicated page within your website where your prospects can learn all the benefits that they can get by simply subscribing to your email marketing list.
4. Ezine publishing. Keep in touch with your prospects by simply sending them with valuable newsletters at least once a week. Talk about their problems and offer solutions (it could be your products or your services). The more information you offer to these people, the higher your chances of earning their trust. This is exactly what you need to get them to do business with you.
5. Create a sense of urgency. If you have sent at least 7 newsletters to your prospects and they are still not making a purchase, consider calling them up and offer them with enticing deals. You can slash up to 50% off your products and services or offer them exciting freebies. The catch is that they need to buy right away (within 30 minutes to 1 hour).